Saturday, January 16, 2010

13January2010

9th Lesson
Lecture 7
Practical 8 & 9


Issuance of Activity 1 - Evaluation of Internet Resource. I got to select a website which is based on my research topic. Evaluate the resource using the criteria discussed in Lecture 7 which consists of Purpose, Coverage, Authority, Accuracy, Currency, Accessibility, Presentation and Arrangement, Usability and Overall impression of the quality of the website. I did halfway with my first selected website - Eating Disorders - Information On Eating Disorders In Teens (http://www.eatingdisordershelpguide.com). I find that the information in this website for my research is relevant and good. In the end, I still changed it to another website - HealthyPlace.com - Trusted Mental Health Information and Support - HealthyPlace(http://www.healthyplace.com/) as I find that the first one is not clear in its purpose, authority and more. It made me confuse when evaluating the website despite the well-organized of information and relevant information. I find it that it is not strong enough for my evaluating report. The second website is more clear in its purpose, authority and more. Information provided are well-organized, relevant and reliable too. I find that it is much stronger and suitable for my evaluating report.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home